The reason behind Rabbi Tillman’s success with interfaith couples is very simple. His approach is based on just one fundamental principle: this is your wedding.
The role as a rabbi is to celebrate the couple in the context of the Jewish tradition. Rabbi Tillman has long and extensive interfaith wedding experience: Jewish-Catholic, Jewish-Presbyterian, Jewish-Episcopal, Jewish-Lutheran, Jewish-Orthodox Christian, Jewish-Muslim, Jewish-Buddhist, Jewish-Hindu even Jewish-Zoroastrian. You name it – he has done it. Rabbi Tillman has a great knowledge of and respect for the varied traditions that interfaith marriages bring to a celebration. His goal is to celebrate the couple and their future together in a way that is meaningful to all involved.
Planning with the bride and groom includes:
- Highly personalized wedding ceremony
- Authentic Jewish traditions from the Old World
- Respect for and comfort in adding other religious traditions
- Knowledge of and familiarity with other religious traditions
- Tasteful and yet joyous celebration of your marriage
- Preparation time is enjoyable with energetic personal conversations and educational exploration of love, spirituality, family, of all things good.. Premarital counseling the way it should be!
- Will officiate alone or will be glad to co-officiate with a different faith clergy
- No pressure to convert or to become affiliated with a synagogue
- Celebration of the couple and in their future together
Be yourselves, celebrate the beauty of your love and have a great time! Experience the joy of your wedding!